The Mansart Foundation is pleased to announce the acquisition of three armchairs and six Queen's back chairs that once belonged to the Count of Artois. This exquisite furniture, finely molded and lacquered in white beech, was crafted around 1778 by the master carpentr and cabinetmaker of the king, Jean-Baptiste Boulard. It is worth noting that the renowned Georges Jacob was not the sole provider of furniture of the Bagatelle Castle. The armchairs and chairs bear the stamp "J.B. BOULARD" and feature a "B" surmounted by a crown and an "A", the respective fire marks of the Bagatelle Pavilion and the Count of Artois' Furniture Storehouse.
These armchairs and chairs were situated either in the Count of Artois' bedroom or in the Pages Pavilion, where the Prince of Hénin, Governor of Bagatelle, resided.
The Mansart Foundation extends its heartfelt gratitude to the La Marck Foundation, without which the enrichment of the castle's collections would not have been possible.
The primary missions of the La Marck Foundation, under the auspices of the Luxembourg Foundation, are the preservation of heritage, the enrichment of public collections, the support of organizations focusing on youth and the elderly, and the study of the history of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Thanks to its patronage, the Mansart Foundation continues to pursue its goal: the restoration of the castle and the re-furnishing with original furniture.